Date:      Tue, 15 Jan 2002 16:56:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
To:        jhb@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   RE: -CURRENT as of 14 Jan seems slow

>Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 16:46:17 -0800 (PST)
>From: John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>

>On 16-Jan-02 David Wolfskill wrote:
>> So... is this worth pursuing a bit more?

>Two questions:

>1) Do you have WITNESS on in your kernel config?

Yes, in both the build machine & the laptop -- since before I made a
"local" hierarchy within my CVS repository (September 9, 2001).

>2) If yes, have you tried building with a kernel without witness?

No, not since I put it in to re-sync with GENERIC.  I could try that, I
suppose -- but as noted, I've had WITNESS in there for a while; something
seems to have changed during that one 24-hr. period that affected things
rather radically.  And I thought it notable.  :-}

I gather no one else has noticed this?

Cheers,
david
I believe it would be irresponsible (and thus, unethical) for me to advise,
recommend, or support the use of any product that is or depends on any
Microsoft product for any purpose other than personal amusement.