Date:      Thu, 25 May 1995 15:14:13 -0700
From:      cgola@ix.netcom.com (Carl Gola)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   beginners questions

I just loaded FreeBSD Version 2.0

I loaded just the bindist and man packages.

I have the following questions:

1) I am not able to mount my dos partition, even though it shows up as
   /sd0e on the fdisk program.  What is the proper command to mount
this partition.

2)  I created one user during the install process. I tried to run
    VI and i get the following message "log db: Permission denied"
    Is this a permission problem with the VI program or my data file?
Is it trying to create a temp file and cannot?
The user has read/write/execute permission to his /home/ directory.

3)  When I type in "mount" am i supposed to see my swap file as a
filesystem?  How do I know if i have a swap partition (other than
seeing it during the install)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, if I load Xfree do I need to unzip it before the install or will
that be done automatically.

Thanks,

cgola@ix.netcom.com