Date:      Tue, 11 Feb 2003 08:08:50 +0100
From:      Lars =?iso-8859-1?Q?K=F6ller?= <Lars.Koeller@Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
To:        "Eugene M. Zheganin" <emz@norma.perm.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, lars@koellers.net
Subject:   Re: apcupsd port, FreeBSD

----------

Hello Eugene,

> Hi, Lars.
>
> Can I ask you - why there is no changes to the FreeBSD port
> /usr/ports/sysutils/apcupsd, why is it still 3.8.5, like a year ago ?
> On the official apcupsd site the version is quite different.
> There is more than one bug fixed, for example such serious one as
> zombie process creation during power outage.
>
> Is there any planned changes to the port ?

My last info when talking to the developers was that the production
version is 3.8.5.

  - When I last tested a newer version there occur several problems,
    which I communicat to the developers.
  - The version 3.8.5 is very stable, which is an absolutely need for
    such a sensitve thins lika an USV control program!
  - Don't heasitate to try to update the port. But please TEST, TEST, TEST
    - building, installing, deinstall
    - shutdown procedute
    - network communication
    - ...