Date:      Sat, 11 Sep 1999 08:08:57 -0400 (EDT)
From:      matt <matt@MLINK.NET>
To:        patmac@demon.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to prevent motd including os info

On Sat, 11 Sep 1999, Patrick MacKeown wrote:

: Hi
:
: Please would somebody tell me how to prevent motd including the OS version
: and the kernel name. On my 3.2 box editing the lines out of /etc/motd just
: leads to them being replaced
:
: Patrick Mackeown

Edit /etc/rc.conf and change update_motd="YES" to update_motd="NO", or add
update_motd="NO" to /etc/rc.conf to override the default "YES" in
/etc/defaults/rc.conf. That'll take care of your problem.

	-Matt
--
// Matt Heckaman: matt@mlink.net -OR- admin@arpa-canada.net //
// System Administrator/Owner: http://www.arpa-canada.net   //