Date:      Sun, 22 Jul 2007 02:21:43 -0400
From:      Tom McLaughlin <tmclaugh@sdf.lonestar.org>
To:        Xin LI <delphij@delphij.net>
Cc:        nemoliu@freebsd.org, David Southwell <david@vizion2000.net>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, freebsd-eclipse@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: eclipse 3.3.0

On Sun, 2007-07-22 at 08:58 +0800, Xin LI wrote:
> Tom McLaughlin wrote:
> > On Sat, 2007-07-21 at 03:07 -0700, David Southwell wrote:
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> Is a port of eclipse 3.3.0 likely soon?
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>
> >> david
> >
> > freebsd-eclipse@freebsd.org, now CC'ed, may be a better place to ask
> > though I don't see anything in their archives about it.
> >
> > On a side note, are any committers associated with eclipse@?  I've had a
> > 3.2.2 update assigned to eclipse@ for a little bit.  I use eclipse only
> > minimally and don't feel comfortable committing it myself without
> > comments on it since some of the last updates I've submitted have needed
> > a correction or two for minor things I've missed.
>
> I will ask nemoliu@ to see if he has interest.  He used to develop some
> Eclipse bits and use it for his daily work.
>
> Cheers,

Thanks.  I'm happy to occasionally work on Eclipse when I need something
but all I use is a small subset of it.  Really just PyDev.  Since I'm
not much of a coder I don't like working on / committing things which I
don't have a full understanding of.  If I can get at least a decent
critique of what I do from a regular user or developer then I feel a bit
better.  We've had two submitters who have done some good work on
Eclipse but both appear to understandably be busy with other things
currently.

tom

--
| tmclaugh at sdf.lonestar.org             tmclaugh at FreeBSD.org |