Date:      Sat, 15 Jan 2000 20:42:15 -0500
From:      Walter Brameld <brameld@twave.net>
To:        lam <lam@NUXI.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ppp questions...

lam wrote:

> Hi,
>         Sorry to bore you guys, but should I use ppp_enable, ppp_nat,
> ppp_profile in /etc/rc.conf? I saw these entries in /etc/defaults/rc.conf,
> but there aren't mentioning in the handbook.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> ---Lam Nguyen

Yes you can. The entries I have in rc.conf are as follows:

gateway_enable="YES"
ppp_enable="YES"
ppp_nat="YES"
ppp_mode="ddial"
ppp_profile="twave1"

twave1 is defined in /etc/ppp/ppp.conf.

This causes my system to connect to the internet on bootup.

--
Walter

in·tel·lec·tu·al (ntl-kch-l)
n.      Someone who has been educated past his/her level of intelligence.