Date:      Mon, 03 Nov 1997 09:32:43 -0500
From:      Red Barchetta <paradox@pegasus.rutgers.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Diamond Fireport 40 SCSI controller

I am considering buying a Diamond Fireport 40 for my PC for use with
Windows NT.  However, if I am going to spend the money, I would also like
to be able to use the card I get under FreeBSD.  The Fireport is not listed
(no Diamond card is) in the hardware section of the Handbook, but I was
wondering if anyone here might have any experience trying to get it to
work.  FYI, the card uses the Symbios Logic's SYM53C875 Ultra SCSI I/O
processor.

Any responses would be appreciated.  Please cc: to me, as I am not subscribed.

Thanks!

Ernie Pistor