Date:      Wed, 1 Aug 2007 01:02:51 -0400
From:      Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@crodrigues.org>
To:        perlcat@alltel.net
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mount -o large option

On Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 02:23:44AM -0500, perlcat@alltel.net wrote:

> I csup'ed the latest source as of 11:00 PM 07/30/07 CDT, using src-all, did a make buildworld and recompiled my kernel, and I still cannot get my ~300GB partition to mount. When I do:

What branch did you csup from?  RELENG_6 or CURRENT?

> I get
> mount_msdosfs: -o large: option not supported

What happens if you follow these steps which are outlined in
a testcase in PR 105964:

truncate -s 200G test.img
mdconfig -a -t vnode -f test.img -u 9
newfs_msdos -s 419430400 -n 1 /dev/md9 zip250
mount -t msdosfs /dev/md9 /mnt # should fail
mount -t msdosfs -o large /dev/md9 /mnt # should succeed

--
Craig Rodrigues
rodrigc@crodrigues.org