Date:      Thu, 7 Mar 96 14:49:41 PST
From:      Jon Inouye <jinouye@cse.ogi.edu>
To:        tcalderw@BBN.COM
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: PCMIA ether

> Do the drivers for the IBM and/or National Semiconductor PCMIA
> ethernet interfaces operate in promiscuous mode correctly?  We
> are having some trouble with the 3Com 3C589C interface in which
> the driver may not be setting up promiscuous mode correctly?
>
> 				Tom Calderwood
> 				tcalderw@bbn.com

I have a Noteworthy (aka Toshiba) 10BaseT PCMCIA ethernet card,
which is OEM'd by IBM (model 0934331). I called IBM and after getting
switched around for 10+ minutes, got to talk with a product development
manager who said that the IBM model does not support promiscuous mode.

--
Jon Inouye                           EMAIL: jinouye@cse.ogi.edu
Distributed Systems Research Group   WWW  : http://www.cse.ogi.edu/~jinouye/