Date:      Fri, 19 Jul 2002 15:47:45 +1200 (NZST)
From:      Andrew McNaughton <andrew@scoop.co.nz>
To:        Michael Sharp <freebsd@ec.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: chroot

I haven't looked over what you've done all that thoroughly, but here's
some starters:

The first thing I would do is to turn up your server log level and have a
look at what it says.  It's an option in the sshd config file.

I take it you didn't install 'su' in your chroot area.  'sh'?

You very likely need a log device.  start syslog with the appropriate
option.

Take a look at lsof output for an active sshd process.  It shows a number
of libraries that you don't seem to have done anything about.  eg:

/usr/lib/pam_skey.so
/usr/lib/libskey.so.2
/usr/lib/libdescrypt.so.2
/usr/lib/libmd.so.2