Date:      Sun, 29 Nov 2009 23:35:03 -0500
From:      Jacob Myers <jacob@whotookspaz.org>
To:        Curly Brace <okeeblow@cooltrainer.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Using shar with binary data

--------------enig05837F7448708C891F26D94A

Curly Brace wrote:
> Hello all, I'm trying to submit a new port with which I've included a P=
NG
> image for the fd.o desktop entry. However, this file gets mangled by BS=
> shar and the supposedly binary-safe GNU shar from archivers/sharutils. =
What
> can I do to transmit this file safely with my PR?

The only thing I can think of is to try using converters/base64 to
convert the PNG file into an ASCII format, and instruct in your PR that
the PNG file is to be decoded from base64. Hope that helps.

--=20
Jacob Myers <Jacob@whotookspaz.org> | Website: http://whotookspaz.org
Network Admin, Wilcox Technologies  | Public key: 186A424A
Using FreeBSD since 2007            | Public shell: http://bit.ly/42iGCR
Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit
        -- Proverbs, 26:5