Date:      Wed, 9 Feb 2005 21:29:22 +0100
From:      cpghost@cordula.ws
To:        sp0ng3b0b <sp0ng3b0b@sbcglobal.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Please don't change Beastie to another crap logo such as NetBSD!!!

On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 11:28:37AM -0800, sp0ng3b0b wrote:
> Change is good. Time to try something different. I think some folks
> should relax and not get too upset. There are worse things going on in
> the world...

Nope. Beastie is a way of life. I'd be quite upset if it were dropped
for whatever reason. It is so intimately tied to FreeBSD that it would
be a PR disaster if it were to be changed. NetBSD never had a real
logo, and it's their choice (though IMHO not a very good one; even a
toaster would have been better!), but changing FreeBSD's most widely
recognized brand would be just plain stupid. Imagine Linux dropping Tux
for some meanlingless, lifeless logo?

Hands off from our beloved Beastie!

> ...my 2 cents...

Regards,