Date:      Mon, 22 Feb 2010 21:54:45 +0800
From:      =?UTF-8?B?6JGJ5L2z5aiBIEppYXdlaSBZZQ==?= <leafy7382@gmail.com>
To:        Achilleas Mantzios <achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com>
Cc:        java@freebsd.org, Nicholas McKenzie <nicholassmckenzie@gmail.com>, freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SIGSEGV when trying to run limewire

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 9:45 PM, Achilleas Mantzios
<achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com> wrote:
> Limewire has not been running in my systems for ages. Go with gtk-gnutell=
a.
> BTW what does limewire have to do with /usr/ports/net-p2p/ktorrent-devel =
directory?:)
> Anyway, running limewire (and such other similar tools) as root is not a =
good idea.

> =CE=A3=CF=84=CE=B9=CF=82 Monday 22 February 2010 11:38:03 =CE=BF/=CE=B7 N=
icholas McKenzie =CE=AD=CE=B3=CF=81=CE=B1=CF=88=CE=B5:
>> same error every time... if i can be of any more assistance please let m=
>> know what i can do to help. I'm not subscribed to freebsd-java mailing l=
ist
>> so please reply to my address. I'm not sure of which other logs I could
>> attach to help but let me know if I can. Thanks, guys.

This crash is not limited to Limewire, running the SwingSet2.jar
sample from the JDK crashes the same splashscreen library too.

CWY.

--=20
"If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck,
then to the end user it's a duck, and end users have made it pretty
clear they want a duck; whether the duck drinks hot chocolate or
coffee is irrelevant."