Date:      Fri, 13 Jul 2001 09:24:07 +0200
From:      Christoph Sold <so@server.i-clue.de>
To:        Dzevad & Mediha Fazlic <dzevad@gamebox.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: boot problem

Dzevad & Mediha Fazlic schrieb:

> hi
> i download  iso image freebsd from your ftp site and i burned on my
> cd-burner
> then i start boot but i got message like this
> No /kernel
> boot:0:fd0(0,a)/kernel:
> so , how i can boot freebsd from my cd-rom
> i can not  create floppy because my floppy is not working

Seems your burned ISO is bad. Either the CD itself or the image you
downloaded got errors on 'em. Burn another one. If that fails, too,
download the ISO image again.

Anyhow, having someone grab two floppies for you, or even replacing a
defective floppy drive should be a trivial experiment.

HTH
-Christoph Sold