Date:      Mon, 23 Dec 1996 11:20:09 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Cc:        francisco@natserv.com, jmb@freebsd.org

As Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > Do any of the existing databases for FreeBSD may be good for this?

> I haven't looked in detail, but I suspect the conclusion will be
> "postgres is too heavy" and "msql is too light."  I think a

People claim Postgres working fine currently, and having a good
release management.  I think the mere question is ``Who's willing to
do it?'', since we hardly could expect this from our poor overloaded
postmaster Jonathan.  Kudos to jmb's work, who's often standing in the
dark within the entire FreeBSD project!

--
cheers, J"org