Date:      Sun, 05 Dec 1999 09:50:25 +0200
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>
Cc:        audit@FreeBSD.ORG

> I was wondering whether it would be smarter to have a closed list policy
> here, to prevent just anyone (read: evil people) from subscribing and
> getting early notification about vulnerabilities before they're patched
> (which may take several days). Obviously we still should have a full
> disclosure policy, but it gives ourselves time to fix bugs properly.

We are really supposed to be taling about _how_ we do the audit,
and results thereof, not the actual details.

The dirty details should be on -security, -arch, -current or -security-officer,
as appropriate.

What should be here is "I have finished foo(1), and it is now clean
of all bar/baz/qux problems that I could find.".

Mark Murray