Date:      Sun, 6 Aug 2000 19:55:12 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "J. Goodleaf" <goodleaf@goodleaf.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Slightly Off Topic-- Alpha recs

I'm saving my pennies for an Alpha-based system. I'd like to solicit
opinions from FreeBSD users on Alpha hardware that works well with the
FreeBSD alpha port. I would want something fairly lightweight, to fuss
with and to become accustomed to. It would ultimately be deployed as a
light database server/web server. (Mostly I'm a junkie.) I suppose I want
to start with something small, but with room to grow.

Any advice on vendors? Good supplier of parts?

TIA,
John

John Goodleaf
goodleaf@goodleaf.net