Date:      Mon, 31 May 1999 11:20:57 -0400 (EDT)
From:      matt <matt@Mlink.NET>
To:        Jim Mock <jim@blues.ghis.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD-PORTS <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: WmInet and asmon

On Mon, 31 May 1999, Jim Mock wrote:

[...]

: Asmon needs gmake to compile.  I've been trying to make it work and
: submit the port for a while now, but the thing coredumps with a
: floating point exception error every time I run it.  I'm not spending
: any more time screwing with it.. if someone else wants to try to fix
: it, more power to 'em.

Yes, I was reminded to use gmake, which was something I had forgotten to
do the first time, and yes, I had the same problem you did.. "Floating
point exception" I'm gonna screw around with it when I get some free
time, but if anyone else wants to mess with it too, let me know and we
can work together on it..

: As for wminet, I haven't tried it.

Oh, it TOTALLY doesn't work on FreeBSD, I think it might though, would
probably have to rewrite alot of it's utmp handling, which might not even
be worth the effor or hell, might even break the program, I'm going to
look into it more..

: --
: - Jim Mock - jim@blues.ghis.net - systems administrator - ghis.NET -

Matt

--
DISCLAIMER: Anyone sending me unsolicited commercial electronic mail
will be charged a $100 fee for time spent reading it. Do NOT send this

US Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), a computer/modem/printer meets the
definition of a telephone fax machine. By Sec.227(b)(1)(C), it is
unlawful to send any unsolicited advertisement to such equipment. By
Sec.227(b)(3)(C), a violation of the aforementioned Section is punishable
by action to recover actual monetary loss, or $500, whichever is greater,
for each violation.