Date:      Mon, 21 Nov 2005 16:17:04 -0800
From:      Vizion <vizion@vizion.occoxmail.com>
To:        Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kioexec core dump

On Monday 21 November 2005 16:06,  the author Chuck Swiger contributed to the
dialogue on-
 Re: kioexec core dump:

>Vizion wrote:
>> I have the following, and a number of similar entries, in my syslog:
>>
>> Nov 20 09:04:20 dns1 kernel: pid 2285 (kioexec), uid 10: exited on signal
>> 4 (core dumped)
>>
>> does anyone know where I should be looking to track this down? I tried a
>> search for kioexec on freebsd.org docs without finding anything
>
>signal 4 is SIGILL, an illegal instruction, which could be because the
> software was compiled for the wrong CPU architecture, or it could indicate
> a hardware problem with your RAM or CPU.  Check cooling.
I think it has to be something else.. this is the only core dump in the syslog
and the server is temperature monitored. temperatures were all fine. I think
if there were temperature problems the monitor would have logged it and there
would be other symptoms.

I am doing a portupgrade right now in advance of upgrading from Freebsd 5.3 to
5.4 . The upgrade will include kdelibs and wondering if the new version will
fix it.
Any more ideas?

david

 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing bound for Europe via Panama Canal after
completing engineroom refit.