Date:      Sun, 14 Dec 1997 11:59:40 -0800
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        Eivind Eklund <perhaps@yes.no>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: problems with gzip'd executables

> Personally, I feel that you should just drop the hacks to
> handle old emacs binaries and send a clear heads-up to
> current@FreeBSD.ORG. Current is for developers - we should have the
> hardware to handle an Emacs re-compile :-)

I agree with you.  I would like to put a patch into the emacs port
before I back out the ld.so hack, though.  I probably can't get around
to doing that for about a week.  I have the patch, but I don't have
any more time to spend on this until next weekend.

Meanwhile, it turns out that the gzipped executable problem was
really a bug in imgact_gzip.c.  So I committed a fix for that.

John