Date:      Tue, 22 Sep 1998 10:14:04 +1000 (EST)
From:      Nicholas Charles Brawn <ncb05@uow.edu.au>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   follow-up to lkm query

[Greg Lehey suggested I repost this to -hackers]

To give you an idea of what i'm working on, I have a security mod that
temporarily replaces syscalls (execve, link, symlink, write, etc),
performs some access-control, then passes back to the original syscall.

I'd like to be able to modify the acl via userland if possible, and one
such thought was to have two lkms, one which was for "admin" purposes,
such as modifying the acl list, and the other which actually did the
work and performed authentication/etc by calling the other one.

Anyway, if anyone could offer any suggestions I would be much appreciative.

Nick

--
Email: ncb05@uow.edu.au - http://rabble.uow.edu.au/~nick
Key fingerprint =  DE 30 33 D3 16 91 C8 8D  A7 F8 70 03 B7 77 1A 2A