Date:      Fri, 30 Jun 2006 14:20:18 -0400
From:      "Andy Greenwood" <greenwood.andy@gmail.com>
To:        "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Erik_N=F8rgaard?=" <norgaard@locolomo.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, Goerge Smith <bl4ck9@hotmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Wire pickups.

the only thing I've ever seen in a wireless router that caused it to
not work with other operating systems was a flaw in it's dhcp server.
It seems that windows doesn't conform to the DHCP standard and some of
the packets transmitted were flawed. the DHCP server on the router had
been configured to expect these flawed packets and when a standards
conformant dhcpclient tried to get connection info, the router didn't
work right. Of course, I no longer have the router (I belive it was a
linksys) and this was many years ago, so any of that might be wrong.
Just try it out and see if it works. It probably will.