Date:      Sat, 2 Nov 2002 14:32:19 +0100
From:      Bjarne Wichmann Petersen <freebsd.nospam@mekanix.dk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Resolving hostnames takes "forever"

Hi!

I've got an annoying problem when surfing. The browsers (both konq. and
phoenix/mozilla) needs a very long time (30-60 sec.) to resolve hostnames and
I'm out of clues to why. My setup is something like:

Cable-modem -> Router (speedstream 2601) -> switch -> FBSD-box

I've enabled "Hostmapping" in the router to point to my FBSD-box. My firewall
denies no packages. /etc/resolv.conf shows the the correct IP's for the
nameservers.

Where do I need to dig further?

Bjarne
--