Date:      Fri, 31 Dec 2004 10:07:40 -0500
From:      "Richard Cotrina" <rcc@speedy.net.pe>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 9.3.0 on FreeBSD 5.3

Is there any reason for not using bind 9.3.0 that comes with FreeBSD 5.3 ?
It can be run chrooted with the same flags you are using.

Regarding your question, I suposse your master server can't connect to your
slaver server on port tcp 53 which is used for transfer zones and
master-slave notifications because of some packet filter. Do you have any
tcp-wrapper, ipfw or ipf rules that may be blocking the establishment of tcp
session on port 53 ?