Date:      Mon, 26 Nov 2001 10:48:49 -0800 (PST)
From:      Joseph Scott <joseph@randomnetworks.com>
To:        Max Khon <fjoe@iclub.nsu.ru>
Cc:        Ilya Storozhilov <storozhilov@mail.ru>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Oracle 8.1.7 & FreeBSD

On Fri, 23 Nov 2001, Max Khon wrote:

# hi, there!
#
# On Fri, Nov 23, 2001 at 04:23:05PM +0300, Ilya Storozhilov wrote:
#
# > Does anyone have Oracle 8.1.7 (8.1.6) running on FreeBSD box? If yes,
# > how it can be installed?
#
# the easiest way to install 8.1.7 on FreeBSD is to install it on Linux,
# then copy it to FreeBSD machine
#
# > How it works? How work client applications,
# > DBD:Oracle, php with oracle etc.???
#
# There are native FreeBSD libraries (OCI). You can get them, for example,
# from ftp://iclub.nsu.ru/pub/FreeBSD/incoming/OCI.freebsd.elf.tar.gz

	If these are the same ones that I came across months ago (I'm
pretty sure they are) then I was able to make the work with perls
DBD:Oracle nicley, but they gave me endless fits trying to work with php's
Oracle support.

	If someone has made these work with php I'd be thrilled!  I've
tried many, many times to make them compile with php but it's never worked
so far.

# DBD::Oracle can be built using these libraries, don't know about php
# though.

-Joseph