Date:      Sun, 17 Jun 2001 22:30:05 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Anders Nordby <anders@fix.no>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/28242: New port: graphics/py-gdchart

The following reply was made to PR ports/28242; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Anders Nordby <anders@fix.no>
To: Hye-Shik Chang <perky@python.or.kr>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 07:22:16 +0200

 On Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 01:11:10PM +0900, Hye-Shik Chang wrote:
 >>Uhm. I think this port should have PORTNAME py-gdchart too. There is
 >>already a gdchart port. Also, maybe it should be considered to use the
 > but, most of python port uses same name with their other
 > language interface. (with PKGNAMEPREFIX=PYTHON_PKGNAMEPREFIX)
 > (eg. net/py-xmlrpc, net/ruby-xmlrpc
 >       net/py-soap, net/ruby-soap
 >       net/py-irc, net/ruby-irc,
 >       textproc/py-expat, textproc/expat )
 > I have known it is possible. (all right sides of eg. are knu's :)

 Uhm, I guess this is as it should be. Sorry about this. :)

 > Errr. but, I have failed to compile py-gdchart with current version.
 > Many functions were missing. :(

 Have a look at my updates in http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=28243,
 I just submitted an update.

 >>Let me know if you need the gdchart port updated to version 0.10.1 to
 >>use it.
 > Hmm. no. After it have been possible to build py-gdchart with gdchart
 > stable release, I will fix this port to depend on gdchart. :)

 The development release is also suppsedly stable. And much cleaner put
 together IMO, with some own GIF code to go along with gd, plus it also
 supports BMP.

 Let me know what you think/prefer. If you still prefer the stable
 release, I'll consider asking to get PR 28243 put on hold.

 Cheers,

 --
 Anders.