Date:      Fri, 4 May 2001 12:34:56 -0500
From:      "Darryl Hoar" <darryl@osborne-ind.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Routing question

I have a freebsd box that is a dailup gateway
(ppp -auto -nat).  It is connected to an internal
LAN which is Win98/NT machines.  They all have IP
services, etc.  One machine on the LAN is a WinNT
server which I have no control over.  The NT server
is a gateway to an old "GMPULSAT" which is a dog
slow satellite link.  Some of the custom apps installed
on the Win98/NT machines need to go out over the
GM PULSAT Link, and thus have the NT Server's ip as
the default gateway.

What I want to have happen, is that all traffic for the
internet goes out over the FreeBSD box, and all the private
traffice (10.x.x.x) goes out over the GM PULSAT (Provided its
not a local machines IP).

I know this can be done.  I can configure the ppp, and get that
cooking.  What tool do I use to direct the traffic so to speak ?

On the win98/NT boxes, what would I put in for gateway ?  The
FreeBSD box ip, or the NT server ip ?

RTFM is fine if you point me to the FM.

thanks,
Darryl