Date:      Sat, 15 Apr 2000 20:28:27 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dennis Ostrovsky <denis.ostrovsky@yale.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Install problems - multiple frees

I'm installing FBSD 3.1 from the Walnut Creek CD-ROM onto a 10G IBM HD
which is the slave drive to a 4.3GB Western Digital.

Booting from floppies. At various points during various installation I get
a kernel panic, multiple frees is the error, and then it reboots. Is this
a sign of bad hardware? Is my RAM bad? I have never had trouble in the
past, but recently weird stuff has been happening both in Windows and on
the BSD partition on my primary drive.

Dennis

    Dennis Ostrovsky ** Department of Chemistry ** Yale University

E-mail: den@master.chem.yale.edu     WWW: http://pantheon.yale.edu/~do33