Date:      27 May 00 21:21:24 MDT
From:      Tom Hines2 <tom.hines2@usa.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   pppd: couldn't stat /dev/cuaa1/115200: Operation not supported

Linux convert here.  I just installed FreeBSD 4.0-Release.  Everything we=
nt
well except for the PPP setup.  My modem's on /dev/cuaa1 (com2) and works=
=2E  I
verified with minicom.  I followed the directions from the handbook on us=
ing
kernel PPP, but when I try to connect, I get the error message "couldn't =
stat
/dev/cuaa1/115200: Operation not supported".  I have no idea what that me=
ans. =

I got so desperate that I even installed KDE just to use KPPP, but got th=
same error message.

Can anybody help?

Also, should I use user PPP instead of kernel PPP?  I would have to recom=
pile
my kernel.

Thanks in advance!

Tom Hines