Date:      Sat, 24 Jun 2000 02:57:13 -0400 (EDT)
From:      chat room <chat@soon.com>
To:        newbies@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Distress using FreeBSD on Notebook

After spending about a month downloading/reading/configurating
my system, about 6 hours a day. I'm still using my Win9x
to come online. Call me a failure, call me anything...

I've read up almost all the mail, the handbook and yet I still
can't manage to make this notebook work on FreeBSD.

Can someone tell me where else can I look for help. I don't even
mind paying for the service just to get things working.

My System Description:

Toshiba 300CDS Notebook (166Mhz, 32M ram, 2G HDD)
Prolink V.90 1456c pamcia modem
Socket Communication Inc-Serial port adapter Rev.B

FreeBSD Release 4.0

Presently, the X-window and other application are running fine,
(except for wine). I still have problem dialup to my ISP as I still can't
get the pcmcia card to working.

Anyone using Notebook, Please attach all the conf files or provide me with
some info of how to configure the pcmcia and
PPP.

I'm 100% new to the unix world and is trying hard to learn,
Just to get rid of all the MS stuff which seems to clash
whenever I try to do multi-task.

Thanking You in advance