Date:      15 Sep 2003 14:04:35 +0200
From:      Andrea Sansottera <andrea.sansottera@fastwebnet.it>
To:        Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: jboss3 port doesn't work

On Sun, 2003-09-14 at 22:32, Jonathan Chen wrote:
> JBoss needs is usually started by root on boot, with:
>
>     # /usr/local/etc/rc.d/020.jboss3.sh start
That's ok, in fact I supposed it to start at boot time. Then I tried to
start it manually.

> This will make JBoss run with the "www" uid. You can also add yourself
> to the "www" group, and start it with:
>
>     $  jboss3ctl start
>
> However, there *is* a problem with the port. You need to do the following
> first:
>
>     # chown www /usr/local/jboss3.2 /usr/local/jboss3.2/server/*
>
> Otherwise JBoss won't start up properly with the "www" uid.
Thank you very much, I'll try later. It was difficult to find out such a
"bug" reading JBoss output... Anyway, just a simply line has to be added
to the port Makefile. Has it been already fixed or posted to the port
mantainer?

Thanks,
Andrea