Date:      Sun, 14 Feb 1999 09:33:38 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        "Micheal Blackthorne" <blackthorne@utah-inter.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re:

> Mister Mike Smith was very unhelpful.  At every turn this person provided
> enough information to be mostly correct in his statements without being
> helpful in resolving the problem at all.  Conversations with this person
> were more of a hindrance then anything else.  In some case he was outright
> rude.

This is not the place to complain about such "conduct", however, since
the people subscribed to this list are here to discuss technical
issues relating to the -stable branch of FreeBSD, not to hear
off-topic complaints about something over which they have not the
slightest degree of control in any case.

FreeBSD-stable is an open list and anyone and his dog is free to
subscribe to it, that degree of freedom also allowing anyone and his
dog to flame some other poster via return email if they choose to do
so and there's absolutely NOTHING that the literally thousands of
people on this list can do to protect you from that.  Filling their
mailboxes with complaints about this is, therefore, hardly the height
of "polite behavior" and if you're one to complain about such social
transgressions then I can only suggest that you read up a bit on email
and mailing list etiquette since you've just tarred yourself with the
very same brush.  I haven't seen anything in your postings to -stable
which were anything but off-topic and a waste of our bandwidth.

- Jordan