Date:      Tue, 8 Jul 2008 11:51:26 -0700 (PDT)
From:      alan bryan <alanbryan1234@yahoo.com>
To:        d@delphij.net, Jack Vogel <jfvogel@gmail.com>
Cc:        Jack F Vogel <jfv@freebsd.org>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: em0 no longer working after upgrading from 7.0 Release to Stable

--- On Tue, 7/8/08, alan bryan <alan.bryan@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I rebuilt the kernel and there is now no igb1 failure.  So,
> that only happened when loading the module after bootup.
>
> I'll also add that I am using ZFS on this machine in
> case that has any influence to what's going on.

Well, maybe I celebrated too soon.

After recompiling the kernel with "device igb" it shows no errors in the dmesg and I did ifconfig and igb0 and igb1 both showed up.  But, it wasn't actually usable.  I tried to ping the gateway and got this on the console:

vm_thread_new: kstack allocation failed
No more processes.

and the pings were unsuccessful.

I tried doing ifconfig igb0 down and then up again and same thing.

Ideas?

Thanks,
Alan