Date:      Wed, 12 Nov 2014 18:13:24 -0800
From:      John-Mark Gurney <jmg@funkthat.com>
To:        Bryan Drewery <bdrewery@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: review of new tcpcrypt port...

Bryan Drewery wrote this message on Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 19:59 -0600:
> On 11/12/2014 7:11 PM, John-Mark Gurney wrote:
> > Bryan Drewery wrote this message on Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 18:36 -0600:

> >> Can you include the security/Makefile bit in the patch too please?
> >
> > Hmm... Thought I did, but I clearly did not...  Fixed...  I've attached
> > the latest version of the port..
> >
> >> Have you ran it through poudriere? At the very least 'env DEVELOPER=1
> >> make stage' and 'make check-plist' are required. Portlint is not
> >> sufficient, nor can it even be trusted in all cases.
> >
> > I didn't do poudriere, but I did all the building w/ DEVELOPER=1
> > set, which did fix a few things..
>
> Well 'make check-plist' must be ran manually. I think I'll enable it
> automatically soon. I've avoided it because it would break Redports even
> more.
>

> > Looks like port test from porttools as documented at:
> > https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/porters-handbook/testing-porttools.html
> >
> > Is wrong.. you need to be in the port directory for it to work...
> >

> Ugh. That's a bad page. I'm working on a blog article for this case to
> get out soon. I may get it into the Journal as well.
>
> >> If you check those and get back to me I'll approve it.
> >
> > Thanks...
> >
> >> Usually you'd need a port commit bit to commit anything, or an approval
> >> (which is different than a review). I hate our process, but that's how
> >> it is. Poke people in #bsdports on EFNet, or me on IRC, for
> >> approvals/reviews in the future.
> >
> > Well, I'm fine w/ someone else committing the port, just trying to save
> > someone the work, and trying to get it into the tree in a timely
> > manner..  I viewed the review as approval...  Guess I should have made
> > it more clear in my original request...
> >
> > btw, the included patch has been upstreamed, but they haven't tagged a
> > new rc yet...
> >

> 3 comments:
>
> 1. No need for commented line in the Makefile

ahh, good point...

> 2. Only 1 WWW for pkg-descr

There are a number of ports that violate this rule then... Just in
security, we have:
# find . -name pkg-descr -exec grep ^WWW {} + | sed -e 's/:.*//' | sort | uniq -c | grep -v 1
   2 ./openssl/pkg-descr
   2 ./p5-File-Scan-ClamAV/pkg-descr
   2 ./p5-GnuPG-Interface/pkg-descr
   2 ./p5-Net-OpenID-Server/pkg-descr
   2 ./py-m2crypto/pkg-descr
   2 ./py-oauth2client/pkg-descr

I'm fine w/ only one, but I just copied other ports.. :)

> 3. If 'make check-plist' passes then I approve it and you can commit
> yourself. I am mentoring several src committers for ports and getting
> them bits after enough work, so just ping me whenever you have more.

yes, check-plist passes...

Oh, I realized that the second WWW isn't even correct anymore.. I'll
just drop it and commit.. Thanks!

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579