Date:      Tue, 26 May 1998 22:12:19 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jonathan Smith <jonsmith@physics.purdue.edu>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bug in wd driver

Well, I received a brand new hard drive that began within a month giving
very similar errors.  I sent it back in, Seagate graciously replaced the
drive.  Now I am getting the same error again.  I cannot use bsd on this
(brand new) drive.  As no soloution is presenting itself, that leaves me
with two options.  Continue using Windows95 (which did do a similar song
and dance, only it did NOT tell me error like FreeBSD did ;) or go SCSI.
My mom, a friednly Windows user, is happy to get my brand new 3.2 gig hard
drive.  I had thought Seagate better than to make drives that would get
bad spots this easily, till the point it locks up an OS.

I guess SCSI is worth the money.

j.

"Mach was dich wuenschen."
        Die Unendliche Geschichte, von Michael Ende

"Do as you wish."
        The Neverending Story, by Michael Ende

The Microsoft Soloution, "newfs && make reinstall"

	Jon C. Smith   (765)49-45551 PHYS 19c
	 jonsmith@fourier.physics.purdue.edu
	1396 Physics Building, West lafayette
	Purdue Univesity, Indiana  47906-1396