Date:      Fri, 08 Sep 2000 21:03:01 -0400
From:      Bentley Rhodes <bentley3@mediaone.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   hard links vs soft links, plus...

zero,  i've been using FreeBSD 4.x for about 2 weeks...luv it, has
nothing on windows, but no killer games.
first, where if anyone doesn't mind me asking here...are the THEMES for
enlightenment kept globally?
second, where is the directory for APACHE kept ... so i can use host my
web page
third , is there any way i can use different cursors (like windows
cursors) in enlightenment

fourth:

i know that say. ...
        [ ln -s /usr/whatever ]
can be used to point to directories or files...and that
        [ ln /usr/whatever/file(s) ]
has to be used specifically for files (right?)....so besides that (if
i'm right)...whats the difference in Linking?
does a HARD LINK mean that i have that file on my computer?  instead of
another users computer or area?  i guess i mean copying (cp ).....but
that would be redundant.

i know SOFT links redirect to the area or file...and if i [ cd .. ]
from it , say as an FTP thing, someone could end up in my root
directory.  so my theory is that if i make a hard link to a file...then
basically, i still save space because the file is only like what...a
couple of kilobytes, versus the real file?

bottom line...can someone fess up whats the best?

also...is the JaxLUG meeting tomorrow at the FragLan area?

hodge podge