Date:      Mon, 23 Apr 2007 23:12:04 +0000
From:      "Rick Nekus" <solarux@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org, freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Cc:        solarux@hotmail.com
Subject:   SATA DVD can't write; can't load atapi CAM on Asus P5B Premium

-this may obviously be a hardware issue?, or me,  but i've emailed the
relevant mailing lists:
Asus P5B Premium Mobo:
[root@wtf /var/log]# uname -a
FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE-200704 #0: .../usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SMP  i386

this may be a jmicron bios flub up that asus has yet done again.?
-is there a patch for SATA DVD access for Freebsd?

"...Apr 23 11:11:58 wtf kernel: acd0: DVDR <PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-212D/1.09> at
ata6-master SATA150..."

-i assume its atapi but I cant load the below in /boot/loader 'cause it
hangs, I also can't burn anything.

nvidia_load="YES"
linux_load="YES"
#atapicam_load="YES"
#hw.ata.atapi_dma="1"

errors I get are "acdo:  WARNING - TEST_UNIT_READY taskqueue timeout
..."

However, any similar system (and if I only  use) IDE ,... DVD burners, and
IDE harddrives everything works fine.

-dmesg would help, I'm just wondering(cause I've found alot of issues on the
relevant mailing lists here, but no fixes thus far for this issue).
Is this fixed in FreeBSD 7 ?

-need any other info, just shout.
regards,

Rick.

Win a webcam! Nominate your friend’s Windows Live Space in the Windows Live
Spaces Sweetest Space Contest and you both could win!
http://www.microsoft.com/canada/home/contests/sweetestspace/default.aspx