Date:      Thu, 8 Nov 2001 09:05:19 -0500
From:      "Oliver, Michael W." <oliver.michael@gargantuan.com>
To:        'AlphaDemon ' <alpha69demon@hotmail.com>, 'Freebsd ' <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD & WinXP

I am dual-booting WinXP and FreeBSD 4.4 on a Gateway SOLO-9300cl, and it is
working fine.  Of course, WinXP was installed first, and then FreeBSD,
choosing the FreeBSD boot loader during installation.  This is what I see
when I boot up:

F1: ??
F2: FreeBSD

Default F2

Even though the boot loader doesn't type 'Windows' next to F1, it is really
there.  I have heard birds chirping about this problem on some systems and
not on others, so I guess I got lucky.

HTH,

Michael Oliver