Date:      Mon, 5 Aug 2002 19:57:28 +0400
From:      "Andrey A. Chernov" <ache@nagual.pp.ru>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CFR: openssh, login_cap bugfix, mail check adding patch

On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 17:39:36 +0200, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:

> > 2) Add traditional login-like mail check (see PR 41328)
>
> I'd rather not.  I intentionally left it out.  People who really want
> this can easily put it in their .profile or whatever if their shell
> doesn't already handle it (most do by default).

1) Do you realize that people who configure "use login" for sshd and those
who not do that will get different result when logged in?

2) Do you realize, that people who put check in their .profile got double
mail check message when logging using normal login? (one from login and
one from .profile) Or do they expected to sense SSH presence in their
.profile?

3) Do you realize that people who configure "use login" for their sshd
will get double mail check messages EVEN they sense SSH presence in their
.profile? (because both SSH and login are active)

All this looks like mess, better just follow what BSD login does
traditionally, no one get confused this way.

--
Andrey A. Chernov
http://ache.pp.ru/