Date:      Sun, 11 May 1997 07:43:14 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: g++ shared library segfaults (SOLUTION)

> Does anyone who uses g++ and shared libraries care to speculate
> about this shared library crash in ptolemy?  The alpha release of
> ptolemy is working fine in a static version, but trying to build
> a shared library version is producing this traceback, and I expect
> this is a configuration issue on my end.  It seems to happen at
> the transition from the ptolemy shared library to the g++ shared
> library.  I'll build a debug version of stdc++ but in the mean time
> maybe someone has seen something like this.

Now back to the question at hand: David Nugent correctly guessed
that I wasn't linking the shared libraries properly and the
static constructors weren't executing.  Yes - don't overlook
the prepending of ${DESTDIR}/usr/lib/c++rt0.o to SOBJS on older
systems or the or the use of "gcc -shared" in -current.

Thanks, David.

--
Peter Dufault (dufault@hda.com)   Realtime Machine Control and Simulation
HD Associates, Inc.               Voice: 508 433 6936