Date:      Thu, 27 Nov 2003 22:26:01 -0800
From:      Chip <chip@wiegand.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   strange ping behavior

check this out - I have a fbsd 4.6 box on my network, as well as a
fbsd5.1 box and several XP boxes. I have a netgear router/firewall (also
does dhcp and print server) box as well. The 4.6 box is set up on the
network, the netgear dhcp server finds the box, as well as the 5.1 box,
so they are 'talking' on the network. The 4.6 box cannot ping anything.
I get this error -
ping: sendto: permission denied
from any box I try to ping the 4.6 box, and the ping just times out. The
5.1 box works fine. The 4.6 box used to work fine, and was serving web
pages, it has apache/php/mysql installed. It went down when the power
went out, and since has had the connection problems.
Any ideas?
--
Chip