Date:      Sun, 2 Aug 1998 08:18:50 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Steve Heistand <heistand@heistand.org>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: odd mouse problem

On Saturday,  1 August 1998 at 15:01:19 -0700, Steve Heistand wrote:
> Ok so I upgraded my machine to 2.2.6 from 2.2.6

Was it worth it?

> and now my mouse stopped working. I am very puzzled as to why.  The
> only thing I could think of is that it is related to a new message
> at boot time from one serial port:
>
> sio2: configured irq 5 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
> sio2 at 0x3e8-0x3ef irq 5 on isa
> sio2: type 16550A
>
> anyone have any thoughts on the matter?

Looks like you overshot and upgraded to 2.2.7.

This message is new, as you observe.  It helps diagnose problems with
strange serial ports (which it supports much better than 2.2.6).  It
could be related to the problem, but it seems unlikely with sio2.  How
about some information about your hardaware configuration?

Greg