Date:      Fri, 25 Jan 2002 14:13:30 -0800
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        Tony Saign <tony@saign.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sound now working after suspend/resume

> Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 12:47:44 -0800
> From: Tony Saign <tony@saign.com>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
>
> My laptop appears to have an issue with suspend/resume....
>
> Wrote a few scripts that suspend, and resume (needed for my wireless card).
> Everything is working great, but sound appears to be disabled after resume.
>
> System is an IBM ThinkPad T20 264781U
> FreeBSD 4.5-RC3
>
> I never used suspend w/ 4.3 or 4.4, so I don't know if this is specific
> to 4.5 or not??
> Has anyone else seen this issue?
>
> On a side note, I'd like to write up a T20 FreeBSD Install/FAQ/???
> I've got all my scribbles and issues/fixes that I have run into, and
> would appreciate anyone who is willing to contribute their success
> stories, config files, tweaks, patches, etc.
> Any takers?

I have the same problem and have been wanting to look at the pcm
sources and try to figure out what is failing. It seems like the
driver is not re-initializing the hardware after a suspend.

I have no real knowledge of APM APIs, but I hope to look at it some
day. I keep hoping the Cameron will poke at it since he really
understands the driver and sound cards. (Don't know what he knows
about APM interaction, though.)

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)