Date:      Sun, 25 Jun 2006 20:18:21 -0700
From:      "Derrick Ryalls" <ryallsd@gmail.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   iwi-firmware

Greetings,

Prior to updating to 6.1, my Intel 2200 BG worked fairly well using
iwi-firmware and wpa_supplicant.  Now, the firmware fails to load so I
cannot connect.  I did some searching and some people recommend
installing iwi-firmware-kmod.  When I try to do so, it is marked as
ignored and is uninstallable.  Another suggestion is to use code in
/usr/src/sys/dev/iwi but I don't see a make file and I haven't a clue
on what to do with that code anyway.

Does anyone know what I need to do to get this nic working again?

#uname -a
6.1-STABLE FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE #1: Wed Jun  7 03:18:16 PDT 2006

Thanks,

Derrick