Date:      Wed, 17 Oct 2001 22:32:15 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
Cc:        "Doug Hass" <dhass@imagestream.com>, "Leo Bicknell" <bicknell@ufp.org>, "Jim Bryant" <kc5vdj@yahoo.com>, "MurrayTaylor" <taylorm@bytecraft.au.com>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FYI

> >Doug; I would recommend against falling for Ted's flamebait here, since
> >that's really all it is.
>
> That's silly, what did you find in it that's flamebait?  I think you didn't
> read it.

You're a) misrepresenting the project, b) dismissing the opinions and
statements of others that are arguably more in touch with the project,
and c) you won't let this stupid thread die.

That's all flamebait.

> >His characterisation of the FreeBSD Project's
> >attitude towards proprietary drivers fails to mention many of the other
> >factors that get weighed into these decisions, and I think he's missing a
> >lot of history.
>
> No, I am well aware of FreeBSD's history and if you don't believe that the
> project avoids closed-source code then I don't know what to say, frankly.

You could say "I'm wrong".  It'd be a good start.

> If things have changed and the majority of the users in the FreeBSD project
> welcome closed-source code, then please point out where all of this is?
> I don't see it.

This isn't what's being said.  See above inre: "flamebait".