Date:      Sat, 01 May 2004 14:01:23 -0700
From:      "Biz Diva" <bizdiva@hotmail.com>
To:        emattman@cascadeaccess.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD Not Making Friendly

I tried the disk on another PC and it worked fine, up to a point. I got to
the window where it shows the machine's settings and it reported 7
conflicts. (This machine is running Windows95). All of the options were
"collapsed" so, I began opening them to see what further info I could
gather. After collapsing the third tier of options (multimedia), the screen
went black. I removed the FreeBSD CD and rebooted to windows. No losses.

***The original pc that I wrote to you all about is a BSD box. Nothing else
on it. I need to tell the BSD box to boot from the CD-ROM but don't know how
to make the changes in configuration.
It could be that the CD-ROM was improperly configured to begin with.

***There is nothing on the BSD box that I am concerned about losing so, a
complete wipe with an install of 4.9 or later will be fine! I am willing to
start from scratch! The problem is, getting the CD-ROM accessed and getting
the latest media to that box.
   a. I burned the latest 4.x version ISO images to CD in binary via ftp
   b. I was unable to download the floppy images because of insufficient
media error msgs.

***BOTTOM LINE: I need to boot from the CD-ROM on the BSD box and don't know
how to configure the box to do so.

A friend built the box and as such, only he knows how he configured it and I
cannot reach him. (sigh). I am working through Annelise's book FreeBSD, to
get my machine upgraded and functional. Thank God for that book and this
forum!

I appreciate everyone's help and assistance!

Biz