Date:      Fri, 22 Jan 1999 18:55:55 -0500 (EST)
From:      Matt Behrens <matt@zigg.com>
To:        Craig Shrimpton <craigs@os.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Is this core normal or something sinister?

On Fri, 22 Jan 1999, Craig Shrimpton wrote:

: I found this in my dmesg queue.  I've not seen this one before and I'm
: wondering if this is some kind of crack or a normal crash.
:
: "pid 18958 (conftest), uid 0: exited on signal 6 (core dumped)"
:
: I don't have a clue to what conftest is.

conftest is generally part of some configure script.  Signal 6 is
the abort signal, which I don't really understand myself, except
that I've seen pine do it before. :)

- Matt Behrens <matt@zigg.com>
  Network Administrator, zigg.com <http://www.zigg.com/>;
  Engineer, Nameless IRC Network <http://www.nameless.net/>;