Date:      Thu, 12 Nov 2015 18:04:15 +0100
To:        Murk Fletcher <murk.fletcher@gmail.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Port request: pngout (image compression)

Hello Murk,

>> Thank you sir -- great stuff!
>
> You're welcome :)
>
> Sadly i'm still waiting for a response addressing the license questions.

And the waiting is going on. Hopefully i will get a reaction after the
third email.

> Also i wasn't able to fix deskutils/ladon because of its npm
> dependencies. But this is needed to get jpeg-compress into the ports.
>
> My last idea is providing a precompiled version of ladon. This is not
> wanted in the portstree by default, but there are some exceptions from
> this rule. I will test if the port works this way and let the committer
> decide if this is acceptable as a workaround.

In the meantime another option arrived. Olivier Duchateau worked on
getting Node.js ports into tree, which would definitely fix
deskutils/ladon. A link to his status report:
https://www.freebsd.org/news/status/report-2015-07-2015-09.html#Node.js-Modules

I've already contacted him, but he mentioned, that there is only a very
slow progress in getting his work into the portstree. But there is
already a list of over 100 ports prepared, including all ports we need
for ladon.

Greetings,
Torsten