Date:      Mon, 15 Jun 1998 19:36:06 +0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
To:        smoergrd@oslo.geco-prakla.slb.com (Dag-Erling Coidan Sm rgrav)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Checksum mismatch

Dag-Erling Coidan Sm?rgrav wrote:
> I've been getting a lot of checksum mismatches while cvsupping lately,
> most of them on Makefiles, but also some on sgml and troff files. Is
> anybody else seeing this?
> =

> This is from a concatenation of daily cvsup logs from Saturday until
> today (cvsup runs nightly at 01:00 CEST):
> =

> dag-erli@hrotti ~$ grep mism cvsup-log =

> ports/misc/Makefile: Checksum mismatch -- will transfer entire file
> doc/handbook/contrib.sgml: Checksum mismatch -- will transfer entire fi=
le
> doc/handbook/eresources.sgml: Checksum mismatch -- will transfer entire=
 file

You need to update your cvsup to version 15.4..

Somebody has done a 'make world' on freefall, and there are now minor =

whitespace differences in the rcs files that cvs generates - cvsup doesn'=
t =

know how to duplicate these (and shouldn't really need to know since they=
 =

are optional).

John Polstra implemented a smart checksum algorithm in version 15.4 to =

cover this and other similar variations in the future.

We were planning on giving a few weeks notice that this was coming up, bu=
t =

things seem to have crept up on us unawares.

Cheers,
-Peter