Date:      Tue, 09 Apr 1996 01:55:58 +0100
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@freebsd.org>
To:        Brian Queen <brian@filoli.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mystery phone call

Brian Queen wrote in message ID
<Pine.SUN.3.91.960408142223.17681A-100000@sundial.filoli.com>:
> I was logged out so ppp on demand was not functional, so it was not the
> sendmail trying to route mail through my ppp link.

Sorry? That logic doesn't follow. ppp -auto lives through login
sessions - it's a daemon. It's quite possible that if you haven't set
up your dfilter rules properly, some cron job triggered that off...

Check /var/log/maillog, /var/log/ppp.log, /var/log/messages and
/var/cron/log to see if you can see anything happening when you were
sleeping.

Gary